Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Unimpressive Bane Costume for The Dark Knight Rises

After seeing the recently released photographs of Batman vs. Bane in action, I was underwhelmed.  Bane looks like a shadow of his comic self.  Bane here looks like a generic commando thug:


Though I won't go so far as to declare that the Bane incarnation in the laughable Batman and Robin movie was better, at least they, somehow, got the costume right.  Well, somehow...


I want my Bane to be meaner and ferocious looking like the one below from the comics:


Or the Bane from the excellent Arkham Asylum game:


But as they say with all things Dark Knight related, we would just have to put our trust on Nolan!

Source: http://www.movieweb.com/news/the-dark-knight-rises-bane-set-photos

3 comments:

  1. But no body that big can act as good as tom hardy. Plus his comic costume made him look like a mexican wrestler. I think they got it perfect as far as being realistic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very true. Nolan couldn't make the comic book bane and have the movie seem realistic. Personally, I like the league of shadows bane better then the venom comic book bane.

      Delete
    2. Yup I guess in the end, it all worked out. The only thing that still bothered me with Nolan's Bane is the voice plus the reveal that he was just Talia's henchman after all. But still, it was great overall.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...